We’ve created a new range of curriculum-linked STEM tours for primary and secondary school students, which support Australia’s National STEM strategy. Our new programs will introduce primary school students to the exciting world of STEM and inspire secondary students to take on more challenging STEM subjects and open their minds to the possibility of a career in these fields.
Not only will students develop skills in these learning areas, but they also develop some general capabilities including:
We’re excited to announce our first release to our most popular Australian tour destination and capital city, Canberra.
Primary focused tour
- Civics and Citizenship
- Australian History
- STEM: learning through play at Bricks 4 Kidz
- Explore the research buildings and telescope domes of Mt Stromlo Observatory
- Discover how technology has evolved at the National Film and Sound Archives
- See firsthand what happens to our recycling at the Recycling Discovery Hub
Secondary focused tour
- Digital technology
- Inquiry-based learning robotics workshop at CSIRO
- Explore innovative solutions to engineering challenges at the Ian Potter Foundation Technology Learning Centre
- Participate in a stargazing session using Mt Stromlo’s outreach telescopes
- Learn about mathematical knots and shapes at the Australian National University