- Depart School Depart your school and travel to Canberra.
- Arrive Canberra Arrive in the capital and enjoy dinner.
- Deep Space Communication Complex visit Explore the key historical aspects of the Complex during an introduction and orientation of the visitor centre. Delve into the significant role Australia plays in space exploration and see some of the latest missions and images being returned from space.
National Film and Sound Archive visit
Sound out of the box program
Discover how sound technology has evolved from wax cylinders to vinyl, tape and digital audio while exploring sound recordings with cultural and historical significance.
- Learning through play workshop Rotate through multiple workstations individually and in pairs, utilising a range of LEGO® equipment. All workshops incorporate key STEM principles and are underpinned by the philosophy of ‘learning through play’.
- Geo-science Australia Education Centre guided visit Discover geoscience through curriculum-linked, hands-on activities that captivate your interest. Geoscience Australia undertakes a wide variety of research into fields such as natural hazards, mineral exploration, energy resources, greenhouse gas storage, Australia's marine boundaries and groundwater.
MoAD (Museum of Australian Democracy) visit
Who's the boss? educational program
Learn about the development and practice of democracy in Australia by exploring the results of past democratic decisions in an interactive exhibition trail and discover parliamentary procedure through a role-play in the historic chambers.
National Museum of Australia visit
Build a time-travelling robot and blast off to explore a mystery location in Australia’s past. Explore the Museum at your own pace enjoying the rich and diverse stories of Australia and its people while getting to know the real, the treasured, the surprising and the inspirational objects from Australian history.
Questacon – National Science & Technology Centre visit
Q by night session
Discover Questacon at night and take part in a number of fun science activities, including free-falling down a six-metre slide, freeze your own shadow, experience an earthquake or challenge a robot to a game of air hockey.
Parliament House guided visit
Visit the location of our nation’s government and gain first-hand experience on how our Parliament works to make Australia a better place to live. Explore the chambers of Parliament (on non-sitting days), the Marble Foyer and Great Hall (subject to availability), and see the Members' Hall & Highlights of the Parliament House Art Collection.
This program gives hands-on experience of how our Parliament works to make Australia a better place to live.
Mt Stromlo Observatory guided visit
Explore the research buildings and telescope domes at Mt Stromlo Observatory while learning about the science that has occurred here over the past 100 years. Delve into the exciting projects Mt Stromlo are involved in, view labs where instruments for the Giant Magellan Telescope are being built - and see the Laser Space Debris Telescope, a 250kg meteorite, and more!
- National Dinosaur Museum guided visit Learn about Australia’s prehistory, the biology of dinosaurs, and the science behind what we know about them today.
- Australian War Memorial visit Explore the Australian War Memorial's shrine, a world-class museum and an extensive archive. The Memorial's purpose is to commemorate the sacrifice of those Australians who have died in the war. Its mission is to assist Australians to remember, interpret and understand the Australian experience of war and its enduring impact on Australian society.
- Depart Canberra Board your coach and say farewell to Canberra
Local Health & Safety Representatives
To assist in ensuring COVID-19 health and safety standards are met whilst on tour, we are introducing WorldStrides Health & Safety Representatives. Your H&S Rep will be armed with all the details of your tour, and whilst they will provide practical on-tour support and assistance, their main priority is to ensure all the venues you visit on tour comply with appropriate hygiene standards and have COVIDSafe practices in place.
Your H&S Rep is a local of Canberra and knows all the venues you will be visiting and is available throughout your tour and will handle any queries or concerns on the spot and is there to provide an alternative solution if your itinerary needs to be adjusted due to COVID-19 or any other situation.