- Travel to New Zealand Meet at the airport and board your flight to Auckland, New Zealand.
- Travel to Rotorua Arrive in Auckland, meet your Tour Director and begin your journey to Rotorua.
- Tour Director led sightseeing tour Your Tour Director will take you on a journey to explore the sights and attractions of Rotorua.
Velocity Valley excursion
Choose from 1 of 4 thrill-seeking activities
New Zealand’s Fastest Jet-Boating experience. Ride in a 13 foot, 450 horsepower, jet propelled race boat. This will deliver you up to 100 km per hour in 4.5 seconds. Safety is paramount so you have a full race harness, roll cage and a professional driver. You will experience G forces not unlike formula one race cars.
Enjoy a real adrenaline buzz. One, two, three people at a time are placed in hang gliding harnesses, raised to a height of 40 metres. You pull the rip-cord and experience the feeling of flying, reaching speeds of 130 km per hour and a G -Force of 3!!!
The Shweeb velodrome is the world’s first human-powered monorail racetrack. It consists of two 200 metre long overhead rail circuits that vary in height between two and four metres above the ground. Under the tracks hang high performance pedal powered vehicles.Riders sit back in the recumbent position and due to the minimal resistance riders reach speeds of up to 60 km per hour!
You've found the home of body flying in New Zealand – this is the Southern Hemisphere’s only freefall skydive simulator. Experience the sensation of flying unattached up to 5 metres in the air on a 150 km per hour column of wind.
Participate in the World Choir GamesVelocity Valley ExcursionMaori cultural experience and Hangi FeastWai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland guided visitHobbiton movie set sightseeing visit
- Maori cultural experience and Hangi feast Taste native Maori culture, literally, at a traditional Hangi feast. The Maori use the geothermal region as a natural steam cooker. They wrap vegetables and meat in fresh green leaves and cook it over the steam escaping through the rocks.
- Hobbiton movie set guided sightseeing visit The Hobbiton Movie Set tour is an essential stop in New Zealand and offs an interesting and entertaining experience incorporating the famous film set as seen in The Lord of The Rings and The Hobbit trilogies.
- Waitomo Caves guided visit Head to the world-famous glowworm and limestone caves for a truly memorable experience. Descend into the underworld and the huge Cathedral Cave before your small boat journey through the glow worm caves as they flicker away and create an unforgettable milky way like effect.
- Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderlands guided visit Explore spectacular nature at New Zealand's most colourful volcanic area. Here the landscape has been sculptured by volcanic activity and the diverse natural features include the Champagne Pool, the Primrose Terrace steaming ground, expansive vistas and huge volcanic craters.
- Travel to Auckland
- Tour Director led sightseeing tour Your Tour Director will take you on a journey to explore the iconic sights and attractions in Auckland.
- Electric bus to top of Mt Eden Your Tamaki guide will then take you by electric bus to the top of Mt Eden to get an overview of the city and its two harbours. You will be formally welcomed with a Karakia (prayer) to Auckland. Here your guide will discuss the view from a Maori cultural and history perspective with an overview of the 46 volcanoes and how Maori’s used them over the years.
Competition commences at the World Choir Games
The World Choir Games invites all non-professional choirs of the world to participate. The Games offer fair and realistic competition conditions to experienced competitive choirs as well as choirs with relatively little international experience. The World Choir Games offer The Champions Competition and The Open Competition. These two competitions allow choirs the opportunity to participate at the appropriate level.
Choirs who choose not to be placed in competition, but seek to be part of the international experience of the Games can participate in the non-competitive evaluation activities.
- Begin your journey home Bid farewell to New Zealand and catch your return flight home.