- On the move Meet at the airport to board your flight to New York!
NYC Guided ToursBroadwayTop of the RockUnited Nations
Your Adventure, Day by Day
- Welcome to New York Upon your arrival, meet with your tour assistant and coach and head to your hotel
- United Nations Head to the United Nations headquarters for a guided tour. This 18-acre site does not belong to just one country, but to all countries that have joined the organization which is currently 193 member states!
- Harlem Afterwards, make your way to the Harlem Heritage Tourism and Cultural Center for the Harlem Heritage Tour. The tour will be accompanied with portable pictures, video and sound along the way, that allow you to imagine yourself walking the streets listening to Billie Holiday at the club where she once sang or watching video of Malcolm X at the very spot where he delivered his speech in 1963 – bringing the history of Harlem to life
- Memorial Visit the 9/11 Memorial & Museum which honors those who died in the September 11 attacks, while preserving the history of the events. Pay respect to the victims’ names surrounding the Memorial’s reflecting pools. In the Museum, see their photos and learn stories of loss and recovery.
- Queens Museum Visit the visit the Queens Museum which is dedicated to presenting the highest quality visual arts and educational programming for people in the New York metropolitan area, and particularly for the residents of Queens, a uniquely diverse, ethnic, cultural, and international community.
- Ellis Island Make your way to Battery Park and catch the ferry to the famous Ellis Island
- Statue of Liberty On board the ferry, say hello to the Statue of Liberty, a gift of international friendship from the people of France to the United States, symbolising freedom and opportunity
- Tenement Museum Afterwards, visit the Tenement Museum which preserves and interprets the history of immigration through the personal experiences of the generations of newcomers who settled in and built lives on Manhattan's Lower East Side
- Morning activities Take a guided tour of two of New York's well-known attractions, the High Line Park and Greenwich Village
- Afternoon activities Afterwards enjoy a 2-hour guided coach tour of Chelsea and the Meatpacking District, a destination known for its fashion, culture, design and food
- Half Apple Uptown Tour Meet your guide from Real NY Tours for a 3 hour Half Apple Uptown Tour. Travelling by subway as well as walking take in sights such as Central Park, Grand Central Terminal, Times Square, St. Patrick’s Cathedral and 5th Avenue Walk
- Top of the Rock Finish up your walking tour at Rockefeller Center where you can climb to the Top of the rock in the center for the most amazing views of the city
- Broadway Tonight, enjoy a Broadway show!
- NYC Gangster Tour Visit places ruled by some of the most powerful gangs. Little Italy, where The Mafia or La Cosa Nostra wreaked havoc and mob members were gunned down in the streets. Learn of the demise of the last don John Gotti. Also visit Chinatown, home to the Tong gangs, where the infamous two Tongs would rage war on each other. Explore the underground tunnels and hear stories of their wars
- Museum of Reclaimed Urban Space Make your way to the Museum of Reclaimed Urban Space, a volunteer-run small history museum of grassroots activism. The museum tells the story of efforts to create community spaces on the Lower East Side, especially those that “reclaim” space that has been taken over by city bureaucracies or corporations. It highlights the political implications of how social structures shape and control our space and take a long-term historical perspective on how the urban landscape evolves through cycles.
- Manhattan Street Art Tour Learn about the history of the art of many famous and unknown artists as you enjoy a Manhattan Street Art tour. Experience the Lower East Side which is a playground for street artists as you explore SoHo, NoHo, Nolita and Little Italy
- Evening Activities Enjoy an evening performance of The Nutcracker courtesy of the New York Ballet!
- Brooklyn Navy Yard Head to the Brooklyn Navy Yard for a 2 hour urban ecology tour. Discover the natural world in the midst a thriving urban industrial park, where you'll explore New York City’s waterways, terrestrial ecosystems and urban farms.
- Brooklyn Grange Rooftop Farm, A highlight of the urban ecology tour, learn how the farm produces thousands of pounds of vegetables annually – as well as honey and eggs – and are a national leader in the development of rooftop and urban farming techniques.
- NYC Transit Museum After your tour of Brooklyn, head to the NYC Transit Museum which explores the development of the greater New York metropolitan region through the presentation of exhibitions, tours, educational programs, dealing with the cultural, social, and technological history of public transportation
- Roosevelt Island Ariel tram Take a ride on the cable car to Roosevelt Island. Here you'll enjoy the FDR Freedoms Park Tour, a four-acre memorial to Franklin D. Roosevelt which celebrates the Four Freedoms he articulated in his 1941 State of the Union address
- Farewell Head to the airport to board your flight home to Australia
- Arrival Arrive home in Australia