- Travel to New York City Meet at the airport and board your flight to New York.
- Welcome to New York - free time to explore On arrival in NYC, meet your tour director and head to your hotel to check-in. Afterwards, you're free to explore the city with your teacher.
- Guided city tour Meet your guide for a 4-hour city tour across New York's boroughs.
- Geography Students - Municipal Arts Society tour of gentrification This afternoon partake in a 3-hour Municipal Arts Society tour of gentrification. The MAS tour is designed to help students better understand NYC's built environment, appreciate what has been saved, learn about what has been lost, and get the inside scoop on what's to come.
- Arts Students - costume design workshop Enjoy a costume design workshop followed by a Broadway show in the evening.
- Ellis Island Jump on the ferry and journey to Ellis Island - once the gateway to the ‘American Dream’. Between 1892 and 1954 over 12 million immigrants passed through the doors of Ellis Island, all seeking freedom, opportunity and a fresh start.
- Liberty Island Next stop on the ferry tour is Liberty Island, home of the Statue of Liberty. A symbol of freedom and democracy, the Statue of Liberty was a gift of friendship from the people of France to the people of the United States.
- Geography Students - guided tour of the Department of Planning Visit the Department of Planning for a guided tour.
- Arts Students - Metropolitan Museum of Art (MET) visit Visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art (MET), the largest art museum in the country. Its permanent collection contains over two million works, divided among seventeen curatorial departments.
- Geography Students - Jack Eichenbaum guided tour of Willets Point After breakfast, meet your guide for a Jack Eichenbaum tour of Willets Point. On this tour, students will understand its important setting, confront ecological issues and learn why “Willets Point” is a misnomer.
- Arts Students - Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) visit Make your way to MoMA, the most influential museum of modern art in the world where you will see works by the likes of Van Gogh, Warhol and Monet to name a few.
- Teacher led sightseeing The rest of the day is free for sightseeing with your teacher; you might like to visit Times Square, the city’s major commercial intersection, known as the ‘crossroads of the world’. Here you’ll find yourself at the centre of performers, spectators, tourist and locals all interacting amongst the bright lights of Broadway! The dazzling electrical signs are that which gave Broadway its reputation as “The Great White Way”.
- United Nations headquarters tour This morning after breakfast at the hotel, everyone will enjoy a tour of the UN headquarters.
- Arts Students - Matt Levy Marvellous Music history of NYC tour The tour focuses on this city’s rich musical heritage. Students will open their ears and engage their eyes as they listen and learn about New York’s incredible musical heritage.
- Geography Students - Jack Eichenbaum tour of the Projects Meet your guide and partake in a Jack Eichenbaum tour of the Projects. In what is a most remarkable transition from wealth to poverty, students will discover how the grand apartments on the Upper East Side of Manhattan yield to the tenements and projects of East Harlem in just a few city blocks.
- Teacher led sightseeing The rest of the day is free for sightseeing with your teacher. In the evening, art students will enjoy an Off-Broadway show.
- Geography Students - Municipal Arts Society tour of urban renewal This morning after breakfast at the hotel, geography students will partake in a 3 hour Municipal Arts Society tour of urban renewal.
- Arts Students - NYC Film academy tour, performing arts workshop Art students will partake in the NYC Film academy tour followed by a performing arts workshop.
- Teacher led sightseeing The rest of the day is free for sightseeing with your teacher, you might like to visit the Empire State building. The 86th Floor Observation Deck is one of the most famous observatories in the world – and has been the setting for dozens of movies and television scenes. Wrapping around the building’s spire, the observation deck provides 360 degree views of Central Park, the Hudson River, Brooklyn Bridge, Statue of Liberty and more.
- Matt Levy Hell’s Kitchen Sandwich tour This morning after breakfast at the hotel, everyone will enjoy a Matt Levy Hell’s Kitchen Sandwich tour. Over 4 fun-filled hours, students will romp through the streets of Manhattan’s west side consuming the history of a great working class district, the sights of a foodie paradise, and of course as many sandwiches as they desire!
- Arts Students - acting workshop Art students will partake in the NYC Conservatory for Dramatic Arts followed by an acting based workshop.
- Teacher led sightseeing The rest of the day is free for sightseeing with your teacher; you might like to visit the natural heart and soul of New York - Central Park. A designated national historical landmark since 1962, Central Park offers NYC’s millions of citizens a beautiful landscape free from the hustle and bustle of city life.
- Rockefeller Center visit This morning after breakfast at the hotel, make your way to the Rockefeller Center for the ‘top of the rock’ experience.
- Teacher led sightseeing The rest of the day is free for any teacher supervised sightseeing and activities.
- Broadway Show In the evening, both art and geography students will see a Broadway Show.
- Farewell Board your flight back home to Australia, remember you will lose a day in travel on your way back!
- Welcome home
Did you know? We can tailor our tours to to combine multiple curricula. Say you’re deciding between a history-focused tour or a geography-focused tour, why not do both? On curriculum-combined tours we can organise activities specifically tailored to your curriculum choices, as well as include activities that students can enjoy together.
Ask our tour specialists today about how we can combine multiple learning areas including language, history, art, science, geography, performance (and more!) into one combination tour.