- Depart for Mt Hotham Board your coach and begin your journey to Hotham, Australia's highest alpine village! See snow-capped mountains off in the distance and absorb the stunning scenery along the Great Alpine Road.
- Collect your gear Arrive at the resort, check-in to your accommodation, and collect your lift passes, clothing and snow equipment.
- Snowsports lesson After breakfast, meet up with your instructor for your first of several lessons. During your snowsports lesson you will improve your skills, gain confidence and discover the wonders of Hotham. All lessons include tuition and pointers to ensure students are educated on mountain safety.
Choose from a number of activities:
Hotham and Dinner Plain have more than 35km of cross country ski trails, which provide a way to explore the peaceful snow environment away from the bustle of the downhill ski area. The trails include circuits ranging from 2-15kms with many starting at Hotham village.
Take a break from the slopes, hire some snowshoes and explore the incredible alpine views and wilderness. It's like going on a walk through the countryside, but with the added bonus of snow! The ancient Brabralung trail links Hotham to the nearby alpine village of Dinner Plain. Along the way, they will learn about the region’s ancient Aboriginal heritage.
For the thrill-seekers, practice jumps and tricks across the Terrain Parks at Hotham. Basic Rail Park features a range of beginner, intermediate and advanced boxes and is a good introduction to park riding. Summit Terrain Park is a lot larger featuring lines of jumps, rails and boxes for all levels.
- Snowsports lesson After breakfast at your accommodation, meet your ski or snowboard instructor for your second lesson.
- Free time on the slopes After lunch, get back out on the slopes to practice your new skills.
- Snowsports lesson After breakfast at your accommodation, meet your ski or snowboard instructor for your third lesson.
- Optional activity - Dog-sledding tour Snuggle up in a sled and set out into the wild in a dog-sledding tour.
- Free day on the mountain After breakfast, enjoy a full day on the slopes. Master your snow skills and soak in the alpine environment with free time on the mountain, before enjoying a hearty dinner with your fellow adventurers.
- Depart Mt Hotham Board your coach and share your photos, stories and tips with friends on your way back to school.