- Board your flight Depart Australia for Rome, Italy.
Your Adventure, Day by Day
- Explore Upon your arrival you are free to explore the city of Rome. If you dare, test your honesty in the presence of the Bocca della Verità - the Mouth of Truth, just as Audrey Hepburn did in Roman Holiday; stroll through Piazza Navona, a vast and beautiful square lined with baroque palaces and Bernini’s masterpiece the ‘Fountain Of Rivers’ or simply find a beautiful piazza, grab a gelato and sit and watch the Romans go by
- Michelangelo's finest Admire Michelangelo’s famous carving ‘The Pieta’ and his painting ‘The Touch’ on a half day guided tour of the Vatican City and its museums including the Sistine Chapel and St Peter’s Basilica
- The afternoon is free for exploration of The Eternal City; for a spot of window shopping, walk along Via del Corso and end up at the iconic Spanish Steps
- Guided Tour Discover Ancient Rome with a half day guided tour of the city’s ancient sites including the Colosseum, the Arch of Constantine and the Roman Forum.
- Wander The afternoon is free to further experience more of Rome’s historic riches such as the Il Campo de’ Fiori, the Pantheon and the Arch of Titus. Don't forget to throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain to ensure a return visit!
- Farm Stay Transfer by private coach to the town of Orvieto, which sits perched atop a hill of volcanic tuff, commending magnificent views over the valley below. The night will be spent at a local Farm Stay, showcasing traditional Italian hospitality at its finest. Owned by the same family for over 250 years, and located over 9 sprawling hectares, the beautiful stone farmhouse is surrounded by sweeping views of fields dotted with vineyards and olive groves
- Cooking class This afternoon, discover the secrets of homemade Italian cuisine as the family Nonna hosts a hands-on cooking class, producing regional speciality dishes which have earned her quite the reputation locally. The remainder of the day is free to soak in the ambiance of the farm and surrounding countryside
- Explore This morning you have some free time where you can head into Orvieto Town to discover a labyrinth of caves and tunnels dug out by local inhabitants over 2500 years ago or simply relax pool side at the Farm Stay soaking in the Tuscan sun
- Cooking class This afternoon further test your culinary skills in a second cooking class, preparing a feast for tonight’s dinner
- On the move Board your private coach and head to Florence; birthplace of the Renaissance it is home to some of the world’s greatest artistic treasures. Uncover the city’s mysteries on a half-day guided tour visiting such sights as the medieval Ponte Vecchio, Il Duomo Cathedral and Baptistery and Signoria Square, the political hub of the city
- Afternoon activities This afternoon, you may like to take advantage of Florence’s wonderful shopping opportunities
- Art and culture Visit the Uffizi Gallery for a self guided tour. The gallery contains many masterpieces including Botticelli’s Birth of Venus as well as works by Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, Caravaggio, and Raphael
- The afternoon is free for sightseeing and exploring, perhaps head to Piazzale Michelangelo for stunning panoramic views over Florence, its roof tops and surrounding hills or visit the Accademia to marvel at the marble masterpiece that is Michelangelo’s David
- On the move Depart Florence via coach to one of the most beautiful places in Italy; Cinque Terre, meaning five lands. These five small picturesque villages can only be reached by train or boat as they are nestled amongst the Ligurian mountains and the Italian Riviera
- Board the train at La Spezia and journey to the Cinque Terre. Discover the walking trail, known as Sentiero Azzurro, which connects the five villages of Riomaggiore, Manarola, Vernazza, Corniglia and Monterosso. The trail from Riomaggiore to Manarola is called the Via Dell'Amore (Love Walk). The stretch from Manarola to Corniglia is the easiest to hike, although the main trail into Corniglia finishes with a climb of 368 steps but ice-cream awaits after a day of walking!
- On the move Board your coach bound for magical Venice, where gondola’s still ply people romantically along the city’s canals and Venetian gothic buildings impress visitors with their beauty.
- Explore The rest of the afternoon is free for sightseeing with your teacher. Don't miss the sunset from Doge's Palace square facing Santa Maria della Salute or take a visit to the Giardinetti Ex-Reali (Ex Royal Gardens) which is a great place to sit while watching the gondolieri pass by
- Wander The day is free to embrace this romantic waterside city which can be discovered by vaporetto, gondola or on foot by walking along its narrow lane ways and cobblestone streets. Possibly visit St. Mark’s Bell Tower, St. Mark’s square, the Basilica, the Doges Palace, the Bridge of Sighs as well as the Grand Canal
- Optional activity - Mask-making demonstration
- Ciao Italy Transfer by coach to the international airport and and say goodbye to all things Italian as the journey back to Australia begins