- On your way Board your flight and begin your journey from Australia to England
Beginning in London students will enjoy visits to the London Symphony Orchestra and the Royal Opera House before undertaking various music workshops.
Afterwards it’s onto Berlin where students will enjoy a visit to the Music Instrument Museum before visiting the famous Hansa Studios where the likes of David Bowie and U2 have recorded. Finishing up in Austria, students will follow in the footsteps of famous composers Mozart and Beethoven as they visit their hometown cities of Salzburg and Vienna.
For more information on this tour, contact our performance tour experts!
Your Adventure, Day by Day
- Welcome to London On arrival in London enjoy a guided panoramic tour of the world’s most visited cities. Steeped in tradition it has something to offer everyone; from history to culture, art to architecture, fashion to the Royal Family, even its public transport is iconic
- London sights Take a ride on the London Eye for a spectacular bird’s eye view over the city – what a way to be introduced to the skyline of London! Afterwards, visit the London Dungeon which recreates various gory and macabre historical events using static displays and actors
- Royal Opera House In the afternoon experience a Backstage Tour of the Royal Opera House which includes an introduction to the colourful history of the theatre, an insight into the redevelopment of the Royal Opera House and a look at aspects of current productions. Each tour is a unique experience, and may include opportunities to see The Royal Ballet in class, or magnificent backstage technology in operation
- The West End After, take your seats in the audience of a West End Production
- Workshop 1 Enjoy a visit to the London Symphony Orchestra and a Logic Pro X Workshop. The workshop has an emphasis on musical composition and arrangement using the latest version of Logic. Students will learn how to compose a piece of music by learning and utilising techniques and areas of Logic
- Workshop 2 Visit Trinity Laban for workshops in contemporary and classical music. The conservatory will design workshops that suit your level of expertise and as well as for soloists and ensembles
- On the move Transfer to Liverpool by coach.
- Liverpool On arrival check into the hotel before enjoying a Ferry on the Mersey and a Beatles and Contemporary walking tour of Liverpool where you’ll pass iconic locations such as the Cavern Club, Penny Lane and Strawberry Field
- Workshop 3 The coach transfers you to Liverpool University for the Contemporary Music Workshop. The workshop helps develop performance styles and techniques essential for perfecting contemporary music performanc
- On the move Board the coach for the transfer to Manchester airport for the flight to Berlin
- Welcome to Berlin Arrive in Berlin, which was at the forefront of 20th century events as the capital of a country at war during World Wars I and II. Then it was as a city divided between Communism and Capitalism and separated by a 43 km wall through its very heart, and later as a symbol of hope and unity when the wall finally came down on November 9th 1989
- Checkpoint Charlie Visit the Checkpoint Charlie Museum (recently renamed the Mauer [Wall] Museum). Located at the most well-known former checkpoint between East and West Berlin, the museum chronicles the Cold War Years, and the extraordinary and highly ingenious escape attempts made by East German citizens to reach the West
- Music Instrument Museum In the afternoon enjoy the Music Instrument Museum. The museum holds over 3500 instrument from the early music baroque period to the modern age
- Explore Enjoy a music walking tour of Berlin. This city has been at the forefront of music for centuries and is still important source of inspiration
- Studio tour The tour ends with a Hansa Studios tour where artists like Bowie, REM, Nick Cave and U2 recorded iconic albums
- Afternoon performance In the afternoon tour the Berlin Philharmonic and if you like you can take in a performance
- On the move Travel to Salzburg, Austria. Salzburg is the famous location of the film, The Sound of Music and the birthplace of Mozart
- Sound of Music Enjoy a Sound of Music Tour this morning following the path of Maria and the Von Trapp family from the Mirabell gardens to the Helbrunn Palace
- City tour In the afternoon, continue on a city tour of the Old Town to visit Mozart’s House
- On the move Transfer by private coach to the train station for the journey to Vienna. The imperial grandeur of Vienna, once the centre of the powerful Habsburg monarchy, is renowned for its performing Lipizzaner Stallions, the angelic tones of the Vienna Boys' Choir, the monumental Hofburg complex and outrageous luxurious palaces such as Schloss Belvedere and Schloss Schönbrunn. Vienna is a city of splendour and majesty
- Explore Enjoy a walking tour of Vienna today visiting Schonbrunn Palace. The former summer residence of the imperial family is one of Europe's most impressive Baroque palace complexes
- Walking tour The tour continues on to the MAK, Vienna State Opera Museum and the Museum of Fine Arts
- Beethoven Start your day at Beethoven’s Pasqualatihaus an apartment once lived in by Beethoven and is now a small museum dedicated to the great composer
- Mozart Continue to Mozarthaus, it was here at Domgasse number 5, that he also penned his best compositions, including what is perhaps his most popular opera The Marriage of Figaro
- Music exploration Enjoy a tour of the House of Music. The 6 floors of the museum explore all forms of music and sound. Music is not just for listening to, as you can experience many hands on displays.
- Departure Bid a fond ‘Auf Wiedersehen” to Austria and transfer to the airport for the flight back to Australia
- Welcome home