- Meet your Tour Director Arrive in Beijing, the capital of the People’s Republic of China and one of the most populated cities on Earth! Meet your Tour Director and check into your hotel.
- Beijing Guided Sightseeing Tour Begin the day with a Tiananmen Square visit, Forbidden City visit, Jingshan Mountain, Summer Palace visit, National Stadium (Bird's Nest), National Aquatic Center (Water Cube), jade and pearl factory visit, local tea house visit.
- Temple of Heaven Visit the largest temple in China.
- Peking Duck Specialty Dinner A favorite dish of the emperors during the Ming Dynasty, Peking duck became available to the masses when a later dynasty collapsed and court chefs took their recipes to the streets. Indulge in spiced, crispy duck carved into strips and eaten on thin pancakes with cucumber, shallot, and plum sauce.
- Beijing Zoo Pandas Visit
- Optional - Kung Fu Show The Legend of Kung Fu Show is a mix of traditional martial arts and modern theatre. Presenting stunning Kung Fu skills, exquisite ballet and music, this fusion of modern dance with Chinese traditional martial arts makes this performance one of the most loved Kung Fu shows in China.
- Tai Chi Lesson
- Great Wall of China Stretching from Korea to the Gobi Desert, the Great Wall of China reaches 1,500 miles along old imperial borders. The wall was built mainly by millions of slaves, repairing and lengthening existing defensive walls throughout the centuries (the oldest dating back to the 5th century BC), until the massive structure was complete. Sentries posted at the stone watchtowers along its length could use smoke to signal an imminent attack.
- Sacred Road
- Ming Tombs Visit An emperor with a home as elaborate as the Imperial Palace needs an equally elaborate final resting place, and the Ming Tombs fit the bill quite nicely. Overseen by the same emperor, Yongle, who constructed the Forbidden City, the Ming Tombs are an enormous complex of pavilions, gardens, hallways, and tombs designed to provide everything an emperor, empress, or favored concubine would need in the afterlife. Check out the Avenue of Stone Animals, where a dozen pairs of carved animals, some dating back to the 1400s, and half a dozen pairs of carved officials and soldiers wait to escort their leaders to heaven.
- Acrobatic Show Attend an acrobatic performance by Beijing's Acrobatic Troupe who have been performing for more than 50 years.
- Service Day: Teach English Visit a local elementary school and help teach English.
- Hutong Tour Explore the back alleyways of Beijing on a guided tour. Known as ‘Hutongs’ these alleyways are where Chinese life can be seen at its most typical and traditional.
- Local Chinese Family Dinner Enjoy dinner with a local Chinese family in the Hutong area.
- Local Food Market Visit Interact with the locals at a traditional food market. Use this opportunity to purchase some items for your lunchtime cooking class.
- Chinese Cooking Class Continue your Mandarin lessons while learning to cook the local cuisine.
- Local School Visit
- Bullet Train to Xi'an
- Xi'an Guided Sightseeing Tour Terracotta Warriors Museum visit, Huaqing Palace visit, hot springs visit, Banpo Village Ruins & Museum visit.
- Optional - Tang Dynasty Singing & Dance Show
- Xi'an City Walk Explore the Ancient City Wall.
- Ancient Wild Goose Pagoda Visit Rising about 200 feet from the centre of a temple, the pagoda has seven stories and elaborate carvings over each doorway. No one's sure why the pagoda is named after a goose, but take a gander at the outstanding views available at each of the windows. Residents often toss a coin or two out of these windows for good luck.
- Muslim Quarter Explore this fascinating area where you can find exotic food, interesting people and great souvenir stalls.
- Fly to Shanghai
Shanghai Guided Sightseeing Tour
Shanghai combines European elegance with Asian flair, transforming its colonial history with a unique modern outlook. Embark on a guided tour with visits to:
– Yu Yuang Garden
– Chenghuagmiao Bazaar
– Jade Buddha Temple
– Oriental Pearl Tower
– Shanghai Museum
- Shanghai City walk Visit Nanjing Road, China's premier shopping street as well as the famous Bund, a 1.5 km long boulevard on the western bank of the Huangpu River and the Children's Palace.
- Huangpu River Cruise
- Begin your journey home to Australia