- Board your flight Depart Australia for Beijing, the capital of the People’s Republic of China and one of the most populated cities on Earth!
Your Adventure, Day by Day
- Explore Beijing Begin the day with a sightseeing tour of Tiananmen Square, the fourth largest square in the world.
- Tour of Tiananmen Square Learn about several key events in Chinese history on a tour as you take in: – Tiananmen Gate – The Monument to the People’s Heroes – The Great Hall of the People – The National Museum of China – The Mausoleum of Mao Zedong
- Imperial Palace See ¡rst-hand how emperors lived in the Imperial Palace. Interact with Chinese students and learn their way of life at a local school.
- Great Wall of China Enjoy a guided visit to the Great Wall, a definite highlight of your trip to China.
- Hidden Gems En route back to Beijing, visit the royal Ming Tombs and Sacred Way.
- Beijing at Night Attend a performance of the Beijing Opera and experience a taste of traditional Chinese Theatre.
- Rickshaw Adventures Explore the back alleyways of Beijing on a guided Rickshaw Tour.
- Like a Local Get a taste of local life on a visit to a local Chinese family. Afterwards, swap your rickshaw for a private coach to drive to the Lama Temple.
- Dinner Enjoy a local specialty, Peking Duck at a dinner banquet.
- Summer Palace Tour the Summer Palace, the former Summer holiday house of the Imperial families, and be awed by the Chinese landscape and garden design during a guided tour of the Summer Palace.
- Temple of Heaven Visit the Temple of Heaven, the largest temple in China before boarding an overnight train to Xian.
- Optional activities - STEM activities Participate in an educational program at the China Science & Technology Museum or the Science Popularisation Lab.
- Explore Xi'an Your visit to Xi'an begins with a bike ride along the top of the Old City Wall, which provides a bird’s eye view of the busy streets below.
- Visit the Bell and Drum Towers, the Muslim Quarter and the Big Wild Goose Pagoda.
- Dinner and Dancing Enjoy a Tang Dynasty Dance Show with your dinner.
- Discover Xi'an Marvel at the 8000 strong army of Terracotta Warriors on board a guided coach tour.
- Enjoy a visit to the Huaqing Hot Springs before heading to the Banpo Neolithin Museum that showcases Yangshao culture dating back 6000 years!
- Dinner and entertainment Experience a Tang Dynasty dance show with dinner.
- Board your flight Fly to Shanghai abd enjoy a Chinese barbecue lunch upon arrival.
- Guided tour Embark on a guided sightseeing tour of the best this energetic city has to offer, including visits to the Yu Yuan Garden, a Chinese Tea House and Nanjing Road.
- Sightseeing A full day of sightseeing begins with a trip to the Pudong district, take the lift at the Oriental Pearl TV Tower to the viewing platform for spectacular views.
- Visit the Shanghai Museum and discover its impressive collection of ancient Chinese art.
- Amazing Acrobats Experience a Chinese Acrobatic Show and see some mind blowing tricks!
- Optional activity - Shanghai Water Village
- Final Farewell Bid Dzai Tien to China and begin your journey home to Australia.
- Arrive home in Australia.