- Depart school Travel via Ballarat, Ararat, Murray Bridge through to Adelaide.
- Coober Pedy sightseeing tour Take a guided tour of the town famous for opals and its underground population. See Faye's Underground Home and the Old Timers Mine, visit an underground Church, and learn about the quality and different types of opals at an opal cutting and polishing demonstration at the Umoona Opal Mine.
- Overnight Camping Set up for a night of camping under the stars!
- Australian Outback Travel through the outback and pass by Australia’s large cattle stations.
- Alice Springs Begin 2 nights of camping
- Optional Activity - Aboriginal Dreamtime & Bushtucker Tour Learn about real Aboriginal culture in it's natural Australian setting. Be introduced to topics such as Dreamtime and spiritual beliefs, bush survival, and the marriage and social system. Sample a witchetty grub or some Kangaroo tail as you learn about bushtucker, hunting and weaponry. There’s also a rare opportunity to meet and interact firsthand with traditional people from the Walpiri tribe.
- Alice Springs Desert Park Take a self-guided tour of the park, afterwards watch the Birds of Prey show.
- Western Macdonnell Ranges Tour parts of the ranges and take in the sights of the Simpson’s Gap and Standley Chasm.
- Royal Flying Doctors Base and School of Air Take a guided tour of these two iconic locations.
- Anzac Hill Lookout Enjoy sunset at Anzac Hill Lookout.
- Camel Ride Enjoy a camel ride enroute to Watarrka.
- Mt Ebenezer
- Kings Creek Station After setting up camp at Kings Creek Station, spend an afternoon enjoying a swim, or take part in optional activities such as helicopter rides or quad biking!
- Watarrka National Park Head to the national park where you can explore Kings Canyon, the Garden of Eden and the Lost City. With spectacular sandstone cliffs, natural rock pools and lush vegetation it's natural beauty at its finest.
- Optional Activity - Cultural Immersion Tour Head to the Lilla Community (10kms from Watarrka). Here students can participate in a 4 hour Immersion Tour, where they learn about the Indigenous community.
- Uluru Cultural Centre Set up your overnight camp at Uluru and visit the cultural centre for a self guided visit.
- Sunset Strip Witness the amazing sunset over "the Rock" from the Sunset Strip before dinner.
- Kata Tjuta National Park Marvel at the sights of another scenic wonder of the Red Centre.
- On The Move After breakfast, say your goodbyes to the territory as you begin your travel south.
- Coober Pedy Retrace your steps via Marla before arriving in Coober Pedy.
- Umoona Opal Mine Overnight Camping Experience camping like a true Coober Pedy local with an overnight camp experience underground at the Umoona Opal Mine.
- Glendambo & Port Augusta Continue your journey home travelling through Glendambo and Port Augusta..
- Arrive back at school.
Express Travel Options
Getting there… Take your pick! We offer flexible travel options to and from your destination.
- Standard coach one way and express coach another way
- Return air
- A combination of coach and air
Depending on the type of transport you select, your tour duration may vary. Talk to our team for travel times from your departing location.
If you have a set duration we can tailor a tour to meet your needs and time-frame.Learn More »