- On the move Meet at the airport and board your flight to Yogyakarta before transferring to Magelang.
- Yogyakarta (often also called Jogja, Yogya or Jogja) is located in middle of Java Island in Indonesia. A thousand years ago, Yogyakarta was the center of ancient Mataram Kingdom which was prosperous and highly civilized. This kingdom built many impressive temples including the largest Buddhist temple in the world.
Prambanan TempleTanah LotSultan's PalacePuri Saren
- Borobudur Temple Enjoy the beautiful sunrise over Borobudur Temple.
- Learn how to play the Gamelan, a traditional Balinese instrument and take an Andong ride to explore the village around Borobudur.
- Language Lesson This morning attend your first 3-hour Bahasa Indonesian language lesson.
- Beringharjo After your class enjoy wandering around the Beringharjo traditional market with your teacher.
- Wander After lunch, visit the suburb of Kota Gede which is known for its thriving silver industry and wander around the silver shops and see the silversmith at work. Afterwards, see how Batik painting is also made, Yogyakarta area is famous for Batik painting.
- Prambanan This afternoon visit Prambanan Temple, an extraordinarily beautiful building constructed in the tenth century during the reigns of two kings. Soaring up to 47 meters, this temple fulfilled the desire of the founders to show Hindu triumph in Java Island.
- Evening activities Attend the Ramayan dance performance held amongst the Prambanan temples in an open air theatre.
- Language Lesson This morning attend your second 3-hour Bahasa Indonesian language lesson.
- Sultan's Palace Afterwards transfer by coach to the Sultan’s Palace and Taman Sari (Water Castle). For the people of Yogyakarta, the Sultan's Palace has been at the heart of civic life since the mid 1700's.
- School visit Today you can practice your Indonesian with a visit a local school where you can meet and interact with the local school children.
- Afternoon activities After lunch the afternoon is free for teacher organized activities. You may want to visit the Gembira Loka Zoo with your teacher where you can see the giant lizard, the Komodo dragon.
- On the move This morning board your coach to Yogyakarta airport for your flight to Denpasar, Indonesia. Upon arrival in Denpasar transfer to Ubud where you check in to your hotel for your overnight stay. Ubud is located amongst rice paddies and is Bali's major arts and culture centre. This afternoon you are free to enjoy the rest of the day with supervised teacher activities.
- Cooking class This morning take part in an authentic Balinese cooking class. The culinary adventure begins with a guided visit to the Ubud markets to gain a better understanding of the various local vegetables, and the herbs and spices used to create Balinese dishes, and ends with a delicious self-prepared lunch!
- Puri Salen Palace After lunch visit the former palace of an Ubud King. The palace became a cultural centre for art when a traditional art market was established on its doorstep, helping to boost the local economy.
- On the move Travel to Sanur via private coach, stopping en-route to see the stunning Tegalalang Rice Terraces.
- Sanur On arrival in Sanur, there is free time for teacher supervised sightseeing and activities. Perhaps stroll along Sanur’s 4km beachfront taking in elegant old villas, local fishing boats, the odd cow grazing in the luscious garden of a local resort.
- Tanah Lot Later in the afternoon, visit the Tanah Lot Temple. Famous for its sunset views, it was built in the 16th century on a rocky islet 200 metres off shore.
- Pura Luhur After breakfast at your hotel, visit the Pura Luhur Temple which offers spectacular views of the Indian Ocean.
- Evening activities Enjoy a Kecak dance performance, featuring the love story of Prince Rama and Princess Shinta.
- Waterbom Today head to Waterbom Park, a fun-filled water park home to 16 waterslides!
- Bali Museum After breakfast visit the Bali Museum. Originally established in 1910 by a Dutch official who had the idea to collect and preserve Balinese antiquities and cultural objects by creating an ethnographic museum.
- Afternoon activities Afterwards visit the main Denpasar Market. This traditional market is opposite the village temple. You may also want to visit Kumbasari market across the Badung River where the local Balinese buy the traditional ceremony items.
- Farewell Enjoy some free time for last minute shopping and practising Bahasa Indonesian before bidding Bali a fond Selamat tinggal and transferring by private coach to the Denpasar International Airport for the return flight to Australia.
- Welcome home!