- Board your flight Meet at the airport for the international flight to Athens, Greece
Humanities & Social Sciences
- Meet your Tour Director On arrival in Athens, meet your Tour Director, board your coach and check into your hotel
- Athens city walk You’re never more than a few steps away from the past in Athens. Accompany your Tour Director to the Plaka, the historic district that borders the Acropolis. Continue on to the Temple of Olympian Zeus, begun in the 6th century B.C. and finished in A.D. 132 by the emperor Hadrian. Nearby, the elaborate Hadrian’s Arch separated the ancient and imperial sections of the city.
- Athens guided sightseeing tour Enjoy a half-day guided sightseeing tour of Athens, featuring the Parthenon, Acropolis site, Temple of Athena Nike, Omonoia Square, Syntagma Square, 2004 Olympia site.
- Green dinner in Plaka
- Plaka treasure hunt Take interactive learning to another level with a Tour Director-led treasure hunt of Plaka, the old folk quarters of Athens! Enjoy an after-dinner adventure, complete exciting activities and solve fun clues. Each clue and every activity is built to maximise on-tour experiential learning.
- Delphi guided excursion Explore the impressive ruins at Delphi, which the Greeks considered the centre of the world. Within the depths of the Temple of Apollo, a priestess would inhale intoxicating vapours that used to rise from the earth and, thus inspired, deliver the prophecies of Apollo.
- Travel to Tolo via Corinth Canal, Epidaurus & Mycenae.
- Epidaurus & Mycenae guided visit
- Travel to Nafpaktos via Olympia
- Ancient Olympia guided visit Once one of the most important sites in Greece, the former locale of the Olympic games now has some of the most picturesque ruins in the country. Surrounded by shady olive trees and flowing rivers, the stones of the original temple and stadium still inspire awe – and the occasional victory lap.
- Castle of Nafpaktos visit
- Travel to Patras
- Overnight ferry to Bari
- Travel to Sorrento via Naples
- Naples city walk Your Tour Director will lead you on a city walk to see Piazza Municipio, Palazzo Reale, Piazza Plebescito, Fountain of Giant, and Castel dell'Ovo.
- Herculaneum guided visit Sitting in the shadow of Mt. Vesuvius, the ancient town of Herculaneum was destroyed when the deadly volcano erupted in 79 AD. Explore the ruins and learn about that dreadful day in 79 AD when the fates of the town and its people were sealed.
- Pompeii guided excursion Stop to see the city where time stood still, literally. Once an important Roman city with 20,000 residents, Pompeii was frozen in time nearly 2000 years ago, when Mount Vesuvius erupted and buried the city under 30 feet of mud and volcanic ash.
- Cameo workshop Stop by a modern-day cameo workshop and watch artisans carve them up close.
- Italian gelato cooking class Students will make traditional gelato from fresh fruits and local dairy, learn the ins and outs of this delicious treat and then enjoy tasting their creations. Buon appetito!
- Travel to Rome
- Vatican City guided walking sightseeing tour Explore Vatican city with a local guide and visit the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Basilica.
- Rome city walk Discover Rome with your Tour Director and see the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon and Piazza Navona.
- Pantheon visit Visit the Pantheon, Rome's best-preserved monument. The Pantheon is a masterpiece of architecture with its huge hemispherical dome. It also contains the tombs of the kings of Italy and that of the artist, Raphael.
- Ancient Rome guided walking tour sites guided tour Start off the day with a half-day guided walking tour of the city’s ancient sites with a local guide. Visit the Colosseum and the Roman Forum and see Piazza Venezia.
- Gladiator school visit Experience a day in the life of a gladiator in ancient Rome. Through demonstrations and workshops, you'll see how the gladiators lived, what they did, how they trained, and more.
- Depart Rome Bid farewell to your Tour Director and begin your journey home.