- On the move Depart your school for Bathurst
- Arrival Welcome to the Bathurst Goldfields, where Australia's heritage comes alive!
- Morning tea
- Gold Tour During the 2-hour original Gold Tour, you'll be taken through the ‘hands on’ indoor museum and shown the importance of gold mining, the gold mining process, and the impact of gold on the history of Australia. The tour then takes you through various outdoor working exhibits to witness the progress of gold mining – from man to horse to steam power! Listen for ‘the whistle’ in the Steam shed, be an apprentice in the blacksmiths shop and see the importance of the Chinese in the gold-rush era…
- Lunch Enjoy a sausage sizzle lunch!
- Gold Panning Discover the difference between fool’s gold and alluvial gold, as well as various methods of mining
- Life in the Goldfields The life in the Goldfields tour will help you to experience what it was like to live in the Gold-rush era, what clothes were worn and what roles males and females played. Discover the ruggedness of life in the Goldfields! – Make and build with mud bricks, play bush games, enjoy bush cooking (taste test your efforts), set up your own tent and much more
- Home time Board your coach and begin your journey back home
Life in the Goldfields ExperienceGold Panning
Your tour duration may vary depending on your departure location. Talk to our team for travel times from your departing state.
If you have a set duration we can tailor a tour to meet your needs and time-frame.