Now that your tour details are locked in, it’s time to get students excited and parents on board! This should be your number one priority in getting your tour off the ground.
The more time you put into creating excitement and anticipation amongst your students, the more successful your tour will be. We’ve put together an uncomplicated list that won’t interfere with your busy schedule, to help you do just that!
- In the lead up to announcing your tour, drum up excitement by keeping the destination a secret!
- Introduce the tour at assembly with images of the destination before providing a teaser of the exciting details that will soon be released
- Highlight the amazing sights and experiences that await your students by sharing videos and images, and put up flyers and posters around the school of the destinations and place they’ll be visiting
- Host an information evening – invite students and parents via email
- Put the trip details in the newsletter, intranet and on the school website
- If you have been on a trip previously, ask students who went on that trip to talk about their experience to the rest of the school or show images and videos of the amazing time they had away!
If you’re planning an educational tour with us already, you would be familiar with our Recipe for Success program. This step-by-step guide is a promotional roadmap that combines lessons from WorldStrides 50 years of experience to help teachers achieve the most successful travel program possible.
For more information about our programs, contact us to speak to our experts!