New Zealand is renowned as one of the adventure capitals of the world, but beyond its offering of extreme sports are an abundance of educational opportunities available to students of all ages and curriculums. With an array of diverse geographical landscapes, a unique culture and rich history – Queenstown has it all.
Get the most out of your educational tour by incorporating the following curriculum aligned activities to maximise learning outcomes:
Health & Physical Education
- Grab your skis or snowboard and understand how the body moves as you hit the slopes of Coronet Peak, the Remarkables, Cardrona & Treble Cone
- Apply movement concepts and strategies to enhance performance and move with competence and confidence during night skiing at Coronet Peak
- Learn to move efficiently while cross country skiing at the Snow Farm, New Zealand’s only Nordic Ski area
- Plot and manouever your path as you take in the breathtaking scenery mountain biking along Queenstown’s lakeside trail
- Work with professional coaches to learn about balance and movement at SITE trampoline and foam pit
- Scale new heights while indoor rock climbing, learning through feedback and observation to improve your overall performance
- Challenge yourself as you battle free-flowing rapids on a white water rafting trip
- Explore Queenstown’s southern lakes by kayak
- Trek across glacial valleys by horse in Glenorchy
- Swim and abseil across canyons along the Twelve Mile Delta river
- Take a day trip to Arrowtown or Skippers Canyon, the historic sites of New Zealand’s Gold Rush
- Learn about early Maori life and the pioneering days of European settlers and gold miners during a visit the Lake District Museum & Gallery
- Learn about the local marine life as you cruise the Milford Sound where you’ll come across a few dolphins and seals!
- Follow in the footsteps of early Maori tribes on a day trip to the Matukituki Valley and Rob Roy glacier
- Explore the Cardrona Valley and understand how agricultural land is shared with recreational activities
- Take a unique breathtaking ride through the dramatic canyons of the Shotover river on ‘The world’s most exciting jet boat ride’ the famous Shotover Jet!
- Learn about the solar system and see the southern lights during a stargazing experience at the Skyline Gondola
- Understand how the changing global climate is affecting snowsports environments and learn about snowmaking at Coronet Peak
- Get up close with New Zealand’s unique wildlife at the Kiwi Birdlife Park
- Experience Maori culture during at evening at the Skyline Gondola, sample Maori cuisine and learn about their language and arts
- Take a day trip to Walter Peak high country on the historic TSS Earnslaw Steamboat to see how a working sheep station runs
Our New Zealand specialists have the expertise and connections to create an educational tour of Queenstown that suits your specific curriculum needs and requirements. For a tentative itinerary and quote or for more information on what we can do, contact us today.
Check out our New Zealand itineraries here.