Beyond the desert sun and sand, iconic geographical landscapes and rich indigenous culture and history, the Northern Territory can offer more to students than you realise! Did you know that a trip to NT represents an opportunity for students and teachers to cover key learning areas, general capabilities and cross-curriculum priorities?
Many of the activities your students can enjoy link directly to learning areas including STEM and Humanities and Social Science, as well as cross-curriculum priorities including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Culture and Sustainability.
Tourism NT has worked in conjunction with state operators to create unique learning adventures that offer excursions and programs that are aligned with the Australian curriculum.
Here are just a few of the destinations and activities we can incorporate into your tour of the Northern Territory:
- Royal Flying Doctors Service (Humanities and Social Science)
- School of the Air (Humanities and Social Science)
- Darwin Military Museum (Humanities and Social Science)
- Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory (Humanities and Social Science)
- Uluru (Aboriginal Histories and Culture, Science, Sustainability)
- Kata Tjuta (Aboriginal Histories and Culture, Science, Sustainability)
- Northern Territory Wildlife Park (Science)
- Alice Springs Desert Park (Science)
- Kakadu National Park (Aboriginal Histories and Culture, Science, Sustainability)
- Yellow Waters River Cruise (Aboriginal Histories and Culture, Science)
- Nitmiluk Dreaming Cultural Cruise (Aboriginal Histories and Culture)
Prices for our 12 day Northern Territory tour start from:
$1,672 per student from Victoria
$1,659 per student from New South Wales
Prices are subject to conditions including group numbers, departure locations, availability and travel arrangements. Return airfare not included.
NT School Excursion Program extended until 2018!
NT Learning Adventures in conjunction with Tourism NT is offering $1000 school excursion funding to participating interstate schools travelling to the Northern Territory. For more information including terms & conditions click here.
For more information on our Northern Territory tours including activities and destinations we can link to your curriculum requirements, contact us today.