Travel to Mt Buller
Board your coach and depart for the beautiful snow-capped mountain of Mt Buller. Prepare yourself for a day of adventure!
Mt Buller is the most accessible major ski resort in Australia. Just an easy and scenic three hour drive north-east of Melbourne, it boasts the greatest amount of ski lifts than any other ski resort in Victoria, combined with 3000 hectares of skiing terrain and a mix of runs to suit every level of ability.
- Collect your gear Collect your equipment, snow gear and lift passes at Buller Central.
- Optional activity: Gnome Roam Take a self-guided tour of the mystical gnome world of the mountain village and if you’re lucky catch a glimpse of resident Mt Buller gnomes, learn about their favourite places to play as well as some interesting facts about the gnome way of life.
- Snow Safe talk Learn how to manage yourself and look after your mates during a Snow Safe presentation from the Mt Buller Ski Patrol.
- Snowsports lesson Meet with your instructor for your first snowsports lesson - 90 minute in mid-winter and 3 hours in spring. During a snowsports lesson you'll improve your skills, gain confidence and discover the wonders of Mt Buller.
Free time on the slopes
After lunch, join your friends on the slopes to practice your newfound skills or have some fun in the dedicated areas for snowplay!
Mt Buller Terrain Park
For the more adventurous riders, Koflers, Skyline and Summit parks are packed-full of ramps and rails of all sizes so students can take their skills to the next level. We recommend starting at Koflers – the perfect introduction to freestyle.
Horse Hill and Village are the two dedicated areas for snowplay where students can enjoy their free time building a snowman, making a snow angel or having a friendly snowball fight with their friends. Toboggans are also available for hire!
- Snowsports lesson After breakfast, continue learning with your ski or snowboard instructor during your second lesson.
- Free time on the slopes After lunch at the ABOM restaurant, it’s time to practice your new skills and explore Mt Buller’s runs, extensive lift network and enjoy the breathtaking views and scenery on offer.
- Mt Buller Environmental talk After dinner, learn about the environmental conservation at Mt Buller including the Mountain Pygmy-possum conservation and threatened species management.
- Snowsports lesson After breakfast, continue learning with your ski or snowboard instructor during your daily lesson.
- Free time on the slopes After lunch, practice your turns, gain confidence and explore new terrain on Mt Buller’s extensive trail network.
- Optional activity: dog-sledding tour Meet and greet the beautiful Siberian Huskies and their dedicated owners, take a photo with them before snuggling up in a sled and setting out into the wild!
- Mt Buller sightseeing Explore some of Mt Buller's many attractions including the Trampoline Park, the National Alpine Museum, Buller Air Zone, a snowshoe tour or join an unforgettable dog sledding tour.
- Begin your journey home Get comfortable on the coach and share your photos, stories and tips with friends on your way back to school.