- Jenolan Caves Tour During the 90-minute tour, students will enjoy a unique experience, within a World Heritage area and the World’s oldest discovered open caves system. Students have the opportunity to experience rare wildlife, unchanged and contrasting ecosystems, and geological formations wilder than the imagination
- Gold Tour During the 2-hour original Gold Tour, you'll be taken through the ‘hands on’ indoor museum and shown the importance of gold mining, the gold mining process, and the impact of gold on the history of Australia. The tour then takes you through various outdoor working exhibits to witness the progress of gold mining, from man to horse to steam power! Listen for ‘the whistle’ in the steam shed, be an apprentice in the blacksmiths shop and see the importance of the Chinese in the gold-rush era.
- Gold Panning Discover the difference between fool’s gold and alluvial gold, as well as various methods of mining
- Life in the Goldfields The life in the Goldfields tour will help you to experience what it was like to live in the gold-rush era, what clothes were worn and what roles males and females played. Discover the ruggedness of life in the Goldfields! Make and build with mud bricks, play bush games, enjoy bush cooking (taste test your efforts), set up your own tent and much more.
- Royal Flying Doctors The Royal Flying Doctors Service Visitor Education Centre at Dubbo Base is a leading tourist attraction, providing visitors with both history and up to date briefing. A RFDS Volunteer will explain the history of the world’s first Aeromedical Service.
- RFDS Simulator Take the opportunity to read the stories and learn about how the RFDS was pioneered by Reverend John Flynn 87 years ago with a dream to provide a ‘mantle of safety’ for remote Australians. Watch a film and see footage of RFDS doctors, nurses and pilots providing lifesaving work for people who live, work and travel in remote Australia. Experience the inside of a RFDS King Air aircraft by climbing on-board the RFDS simulator.
- Taronga Western Plains Zoo The Taronga Western Plains Zoo is home to hundreds of animals from around the world. Whether you fancy getting up close to a big cat, dropping in on the meerkats at meal time or learning why Hippos are such good swimmers, the Zoo keeps talks and animal encounters offer you a truly special experience with the amazing animals
- ZoosnooZ Set up camp for your overnight camping experience at the zoo, enjoy a walk around the zoo after dark before dinner
- Merriwa Tourist Centre Run by volunteers, the Centre has been open for 10 years and is a must visit venue for all travelers on the golden highway. Located in the Centre of town near local eateries, this is a great place to stop for lunch before continuing onto Nelson Bay.
- Toboggan Hill Park Enjoy your day at Toboggan Hill Park with a Diamond Pass permitting your choice of 4 activities. Choose from rock climbing, synthetic ice skating, tobogganing or come into the Pavillion for a heap of fun, try your skills in the Giant Maze, have a go at mini golf or if the weather is good try and see how wet you can make your fellow school mates with the Splash down water filled balloons
- Nelson Head Heritage Lighthouse The reserve for Nelson Head Lighthouse Cottage and Rescue Station Reserve is situated on a lawn headland that rises some 53 metres just inside the entrance to Port Stephens. Lighthouse Cottage is a historic lighthouse keeper’s cottage offers visitors beautiful views, local history, photographs, maps and information on marine rescue. It now operates as a museum of local history. See the working coastal patrol radio base, staffed by volunteers.
- Tomaree Headland Lookout Walk to the top of Tomaree Headland Lookout to enjoy the striking views of Port Stephens and the offshore islands. It will take you about half an hour or so to reach the top but it is well worth the effort!
- Pelican Feeding Wander down to the pelican pavilion on the foreshore and experience why the Entrance is known as ‘The Pelican Capital of Australia’. The Pelican feeding attracts tens of thousands of people to the Entrance where they get an entertaining and educated commentary about the pelicans, bird and marine life and general information about the area
Your tour duration may vary depending on your departure location. Talk to our team for travel times from your departing state.
If you have a set duration we can tailor a tour to meet your needs and time-frame.