- Welcome to Darwin
- MAGNT Upon your arrival head straight to the Museum and Art Gallery of the North Territory. Schools can either take a self-guided tour or join in a guided tour where they'll enjoy an interactive hands-on learning experience and develop their artistic and scientific flairs. Tours can be tailored to meet your specific teaching and learning objectives
- Leanyer Recreational Park Cool off with a trip to the Leanyer Recreational Park. This free water part has water playgrounds, pools and water slides! *Time permitting
- Mindil Beach Sunset Market Head to the iconic sunset market where food is the main attraction with cuisines from Thailand, Sri Lanka, India, China, Malaysian, Brazil and many more. Afterwards peddle through the vendors wares of arts and crafts and shop till you drop, catch a fire show, be entertained by buskers and local and visiting arts – the night is yours to enjoy!
Kakadu Yellow Water CruiseWarradjan Aboriginal Cultural CentreDarwin Walking TourInterschool performances & workshops
- Performance After breakfast, board your coach and make your way to your first inter-school meet where you'll either enjoy a performance or a workshop. Afterwards enjoy a morning tea with your new friends.
- Darwin Military Museum Visit the historic Darwin Military Museum. Originally established as an artillery museum by the Royal Australian Artillery Association to exhibit photographs and artefacts from Darwin’s history during World War II. The DMM tells the story of the bombing of Darwin on the 19th February, 1942
- Walking tour Enjoy a walking tour of the city. You'll get to see the Chinese Temple, Old Courthouse, Parliament House, Government House, the Wharf Precinct and many other important Darwin locations
- Performance After breakfast, board your coach and make your way to your second inter-school meet where you'll either enjoy a performance or a workshop. Afterwards enjoy a morning tea with your new friends.
- On the move Depart Darwin and begin your 3-hour journey to Kakadu National Park. Stop at the Bowali Visitors Centre which has been designed and inspired by an Aboriginal Rock Shelter
- Dinner Once you've arrived and settled into your accommodation it's time for dinner
- On the move Travel from Kakadu across the East Alligator River to Arnhem Land and onto Gunbalanya
- Cultural Exchange Visit the Gunbalanya Indigenous School for a cultural exchange and/or workshop
- Injalak Pay a visit to Injalak Arts and Craft which is located in Gunbalanya. Indigenous community art centres play an important role in the artistic and cultural life of traditional Aboriginals. The artworks include paintings, natural fibre weavings, prints and hand printed fabrics.
- Kakadu Yellow Waters Cruise One of the best ways to experience Kakadu National Park is with a Yellow Water cruise in the regions wetlands, with it’s rich wildlife, dramatic scenery and every-changing landscape. Your experienced guide is full of knowledge and supported by the Indigenous Guides who taught the secrets of Kakadu by tribal elders. They will provide a fascinating insight into how the Bininj people use the flora and fauna to support their way of life and the remarkable life cycle of the region’s most famous wildlife, such as the crocodiles and eagles. This is an experience remembered for a lifetime
- Warradjan Aboriginal Cultural Centre The Centre offers a remarkable insight into the Aboriginal people who have lived in Kakadu for thousands of years. The Centre displays artefacts that illustrate the stories that the traditional owners wish to share with visitors – such as videos ranging from personal histories to bush tucker. Pick up some local crafts such as Didgeridoos, local artwork, books and cards in the gallery shop
- Breakfast After breakfast begin your journey back to Darwin
- Adelaide River Jumping Crocodile Cruise Jumping Crocodiles! Experience these wild 6 metre crocs in their natural habitat whilst they jump right next to your boat and then find many more crocs that virtually eat out of your hand! You can almost touch these animals through the thick glass windows and together with an informative commentary this experience will leave you with a balanced and informed view of the Australian saltwater crocodile
- Performance Today is your final performance, so get ready to put on a show at the Darwin Amphitheatre!
- Lagoon Head to the Darwin Waterfront and cool off at the Darwin Wave Lagoon
- Departure Begin your journey back home