- Travel to Alice Springs Travel to Alice Springs and begin your tour!
Alice Springs Desert Park visit
Self-guided tour & Nature Theatre Show
Learn about wildlife, conservation and culture as you explore the Desert Park. Continue your journey to the Nature Theatre to be enthralled by birds of prey and other predators of the desert.
- ANZAC Hill Lookout Take in the panoramic view of Alice Springs and the beautiful surrounding ranges from the peak of Anzac Hill. Anzac Hill Memorial is dedicated to those who have served in defence of their country during all wars Australia has participated in.
- 19 Sep 2022
- 14 Apr 2023
- 26 Jun 2023
- MacDonnell Ranges full day excursion Spend the day exploring the West MacDonnell Ranges, from its breathtaking scenery and world-class hikes, to swimming holes and natural treasures. Stop along the way to enjoy the sights of Standley Chasm, John Flynn’s Grave, Simpson’s Gap, Glen Helen Gorge and Ormiston Gorge.
Royal Flying Doctors guided visit
See, experience and learn through the wonder of technology as the heroic stories of the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) are brought to life. Through the use of holograms and touchscreen portals, interact with John Flynn, founder of the RFDS, who tells of the heroic tales of its birth and growth.
School of the Air guided visit
Appreciate the unique, and first of its kind, educational facility that is Alice Springs School of the Air. Discover its history and its success in providing schooling and daily lessons to children in remote locations since 1951.
- Optional Activity: Camels Experience Enjoy a short camel ride in natural bushland right at the foot of the magnificent James Ranges. Discover how the camel farm processes wool and turns it into wonderful textile pieces during an educational presentation.
- Travel to Watarrka Travel from Alice Springs to Watarrka and along the way spot a huge rock mountain in the distance. Often mistaken for Uluru, Mount Conner can be distinguished by its long flat top.
- Karrke Aboriginal Cultural experience Delve into an authentic Aboriginal cultural experience and learn about seasonal bush tucker food and the importance of grinding stones, the types of plants that are used as bush medicine by the Luritja and Pertame (Southern Aranda) people and understand the history and meaning of Aboriginal dot paintings.
- Watarrka National Park visit Enjoy the scenic landscape of rugged ranges, rockholes and gorges, and encounter the plants and animals that take refuge here and make Watarrka National Park an important conservation area.
- Travel to Uluru
- Maruku Arts - Bush Medicine Demonstration Learn how the Anangu people use and produce traditional bush medicine.
- View the sunset over Uluru Witness the unforgettable sunset over Uluru from the Sunset Strip. Watch as the sunlight plays with the landscape and the rock formations change colour before your eyes.
- Uluru-Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre visit Explore the many meanings and practices encompassed within the religion, law and moral systems of the Anangu culture, the traditional owners of Uluru-Kata Tjuta. Explore the base of Uluru and absorb its magnificence, including Aboriginal rock paintings and caves. Renowned for its breathtaking sunsets, see the stunning changes of colour on the rock from red to orange to purple.
- Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park visit Discover the natural and cultural wonders of Uluru and Kata Tjuta, featuring spectacular geological formations that dominate the vast red sandy plain of Central Australia. Uluru and Kata Tjuta form part of the traditional belief system of one of the oldest human societies in the world. The traditional owners of this land are the Anangu Aboriginal people.
- Depart Uluru Board your flight and return home.
This tour benefits from the addition of a WorldStrides Tour Director — an expert on hand to smooth logistics and enhance learning. Your Tour Director will:
- provide a wealth of knowledge and information as a local expert
- provide support and handle logistics
- create opportunities for learning throughout the tour
- use their expertise managing student groups to ensure a successful tour