- Travel to Cairns
- Cairns Aquarium visit Discover the natural wonders of The Great Barrier Reef, The Wet Tropics, The Gulf Savannah and Cape York regions as you explore the only aquarium in the world dedicated exclusively to the habitats and species of tropical North Queensland.
- Wet Tropics and Sustainability educational session Meet with the Wet Tropics Management Authority (WTMA) research team and learn about the Wet Tropics Rainforest, its diversity and value. The WTMA fulfils Australia’s international obligation to protect, conserve, present, rehabilitate and pass on the World Heritage Area to future generations.
Cairns Aquariam visitWet Tropics and Sustainability educational sessionDaintree Discovery Centre guided visitDaintree Organic Orchard visitTurtle Rehabilitation Centre visitSustainability educational talkMoore Great Barrier Reef tourTjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park guided visitCairns Zoom & Wildlife Dome visit
- Daintree Discovery Centre guided visit Discover the biology, ecology and antiquity of the forest environment. Experience the 23-metre high Daintree Rainforest Canopy Tower, the 10m high aerial walkway and over 900m of elevated rainforest boardwalks.
- Daintree Organic Orchard visit Learn how ice cream is made on site using organically grown and farmed exotic fruit, from trees that are naturally irrigated by mother nature. See the sustainable practices that are implemented at every stage of ice cream production, as the preservation of the pristine rainforest ecosystem and it's inhabitants is top priority at this orchard. Enjoy a scoop (or two!) of delicious ice cream as you marvel at the important work being done here.
- Optional: Crocodile Park guided visit Set off on an adventure led by an experienced wildlife keeper. Witness large crocodiles being fed, meet gorgeous koalas, and get up close to feed wallabies, kangaroos and quolls. Meet an array of lizard and snake species - and marvel at the Komodo Dragon in the Gallery of Living Art.
- Turtle Rehabilitation Centre visit Confront the consequences of pollution, and see how sick and injured turtles are rescued from the reef and nursed back to recovery.
- Glass Bottom Boat tour Stay dry and see some of the best coral reef from your glass bottom boat! Spot sea turtles and colorful fish as you're guided by an expert tour guide.
- Sustainability educational talk Step through the process involved in restoring the reef with resident Marine Biologist and learn how Fitzroy Island Resort operates and the issues they face due to their remote location. Topics covered include Water Management, Waste Manangement and Wastewater Management, Energy and Fuel, the Footprint on the National Park, the staff involved and logistics, and how the resort handles medical evacuations.
- Moore Great Barrier Reef tour Depart Cairns Marina and begin your journey to Moore Reef Marine Base for a full day adventure! Enjoy 4 hours of reef time and take part in a huge number of fun activities. Spot coral, fish and turtles on a snorkeling adventure across the reef, slip and slide down the theme park water slide, watch a fish feeding presentation, and more!
- Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park guided visit Be immersed in a Tjapukai cultural experience and meet the Bama Indigenous rainforest people, who paint your face to connect you to their traditional land. Follow the Tjapukai warriors to a corroboree celebrating Aboriginal Dreamtime stories and join the Rainbow Serpent circle to learn traditional language songs before the ceremonial fire is lit with a spectacular fire ball shooting towards the stars. Enjoy dinner featuring delicious Indigenous flavours and relax around the fire with the Tjapukai warriors.
- Cairns Zoom & Wildlife Dome visit See an abundance of Australian wildlife at Cairns ZOOM & Wildlife Dome, from koalas and cockatoos to snakes and bettongs. Enjoy free interactive wildlife shows, including feeding resident giant crocodile, Goliath!