- Welcome to Cairns Upon your arrival, meet your coach and begin your journey north to Daintree
- Daintree Discovery Centre At the Daintree Discovery Centre you will have an opportunity to learn about and explore one of the few remaining unspoiled pockets of lowland rainforest in Far North Queensland, whilst at the same time protecting the fragile environment of the Daintree Rainforest. As part of your guided 60 minute tour you will be given an introduction into the significance of the area and the biology, ecology and antiquity of the forest environment.
- Canopy views Experience the 23m High Daintree Rainforest Canopy tower, the 10m High Aerial walkway and over 900m of elevated rainforest boardwalks
- Display Centre After your guided tour, take some time to explore the Interpretive Display Centre and grounds by yourself. You will have a guide book with lots of interesting facts that you can take home with you
- On the move Return back to Cairns and check into your hotel
- Reef Cruise Jump on board the Sunlover's fast, air-conditioned catamaran to a large pontoon (floating platform) located at pristine Moore Reef on the outer edge of the Great Barrier Reef, approximately 40km from Cairns. Complete with complimentary snorkel equipment, glass bottom boat, and semi-submersible coral reef viewing boat, an underwater observatory, marine life touch tank as well as an informative presentation hosted by a Marine naturalist
- Lunch A Tropical buffet lunch including seafood, hot dishes, salads and tropical fruit will be served on board
- Fitzroy Island Enjoy a beautiful ferry ride to the magical Fitzroy Island. A tropical paradise of rainforest and beaches within the calm sheltered waters of the Great Barrier Reef, providing a home for a variety of fish and coral species
- Glass Bottom Boat Tour Experience the Glass Bottom Boat Tour which allows the group to get up close and personal with the Great Barrier Reef. The sheltered waters around Fitzroy Island abound with soft coral and marine life
- Cairns Turtle Rehabilitation Centre Enjoy a visit to the CTRC which treats injured and sick marine turtles brought in from the Great Barrier Reef and Cape York Peninsula
- Giant Ocean Trampoline Have some fun on the water as well as in it, with activities including some down time by the beach and students can enjoy the giant ocean trampoline
- Ferry Return on the ferry to Cairns and walk back to your hotel
- Wet Tropics Management Authority You could spend a lifetime of learning and discovery of the complex landscapes, rich biodiversity and cultural mysteries of the Wet Tropics World Heritage area and still barely scratch its ancient surface. Today meet with the WTMA research team who will conduct a 60-90 minute information session on the Wet Tropic rainforest and its diversity and value
- Farewell Afterwards, you will have some free time to Explore Cairns before you head to the airport and begin your journey back home
Your tour duration may vary depending on your departure location. Talk to our team for travel times from your departing state.
If you have a set duration we can tailor a tour to meet your needs and time-frame.