- On the move Depart your school for Bathurst
- Scenic World Scenic World offers students the thrill of a ride on the steepest incline railway in the world. The 415m descent will take you through a cliff side tunnel into ancient rainforest. Discover Over two kilometres of boardwalk through the ancient rainforest and take the time to look around and find some fascinating facts about the local flora and history of the valley
- Jenolan Caves Arrive at Jenolan Caves for lunch
- Tour During the 90-minute tour, students will enjoy a unique experience, within a World Heritage area, at Jenolan Caves, the World’s oldest discovered open caves system. Students have the opportunity to experience rare wildlife, unchanged and contrasting ecosystems, and geological formations wilder than the imagination
- On the move Depart Jenolan Caves for Bathurst
- Goldfields Upon your arrival at the Goldfields, you have the choice of several activities that evening including a bush dance, camp fire, trivia night and observatory experience
Your tour duration may vary depending on your departure location. Talk to our team for travel times from your departing state.
If you have a set duration we can tailor a tour to meet your needs and time-frame.
Your Adventure, Day by Day
- Gold Tour During the 2-hour original Gold Tour, you'll be taken through the ‘hands on’ indoor museum and shown the importance of gold mining, the gold mining process, and the impact of gold on the history of Australia. The tour then takes you through various outdoor working exhibits to witness the progress of gold mining – from man to horse to steam power! Listen for ‘the whistle’ in the Steam shed, be an apprentice in the blacksmiths shop and see the importance of the Chinese in the gold-rush era…
- Gold Panning Discover the difference between fool’s gold and alluvial gold, as well as various methods of mining
- Life in the Goldfields The life in the Goldfields tour will help you to experience what it was like to live in the Gold-rush era, what clothes were worn and what roles males and females played. Discover the ruggedness of life in the Goldfields! – Make and build with mud bricks, play bush games, enjoy bush cooking (taste test your efforts), set up your own tent and much more
- Lunch Enjoy a sausage sizzle lunch!
- Home time Board your coach and begin your journey back home