A Snowsports Learning Experience
30 August 2019 – 1 September 2019
This September WorldStrides hosts its annual Falls Creek Teachers Summit. Aimed at equipping teachers with the resources and tools to run a snowsports tour, the weekend will cover:
- Planning and promoting a snowsports tour
- Educational benefits and advantages for students
- Participate in the Snowsports School Program
- Group management while in an alpine environment
- Understand the layout of the lodges, on mountain facilities, accommodation and meal options
- Tailor made experiences
- Funding options
We have designed a number of professional development activities, tailored to meet the requirements of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers. We aim to provide participants with the opportunity to engage with the following Focus Areas: 2.2, 2.6, 3.2, 3.4, 3.6, 4.2, 4.4, 6.2, 6.3, 7.4
Curriculum Links – Snowsports
There is nothing quite like snowsports. It truly is a unique experience where students are immersed in an environment that calls for a unique set of physical requirements.
We understand that sometimes there are a number of requisites teachers need to gain approval. That’s why we have created the following documents to help ensure everyone within your school shares your vision for educational travel and understand the immense value of snowsports.