Travel to Vienna with WorldStrides for the annual Summa Cum Laude Youth Music Festival, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for music students in a choir, band or orchestra.
All groups will have the opportunity to perform on the glittering stage of the hallowed Musikverein in Vienna, among other prestigious venues. The festival offers a truly international environment where a thousand young musicians speak the universal language of music, enjoy intercultural exchanges and build bridges that span continents.
The festival offers competitive and non-competitive options for a variety of ensembles. The competition will be held in the prestigious Golden Hall of the Musikverein and judged by a selection of top music professionals, all well-respected and well-known internationally. On the last day of the Festival, the jury will select groups to perform their best work in front of an international and local audience.
Students will benefit immensely from this experience and will:
- Hear ensembles from around the globe
- Interact with other talented young musicians
- Participate in workshops with renowned international instructors
- Share their repertoire in more intimate local venues
- Explore the city’s historical and musical treasures
- Culminate the experience with a final evening Gala concert and reception
- Choose to add our Prague extension and explore all that it has to offer before departing home
1st – 6th July 2022 | deadline to apply is closing soon
30th June – 5th July 2023 | registrations are now open
Watch this video to see the 2019 festival highlights:
Interested in staying a little closer to home? Take a look at Rhapsody Rotorua Youth Music Festival held in Rotorua, New Zealand annually. Now taking registrations for 2023!