After cancelling Rhapsody Rotorua for two consecutive years due to COVID-19, we’re delighted to be able to give teachers and students the opportunity to attend Rhapsody Rotorua in New Zealand next year. The international youth music festival brings together budding musicians to learn, perform and grow during a week of experiential learning and fun! Students develop their musical skills and repertoire, connect with like-minded peers and build confidence through performances, adjudications and professional coaching from industry experts.
Why should you take your students to Rhapsody Rotorua and give them this experience of a lifetime? See our top five reasons why and hear from the students at Yarra Valley Grammar who share their own experience of the festival.
- Gain valuable experience in performing to live audiences with a series of public performances and concerts.
- Be adjudicated by an expert panel of musicians and gain constructive feedback to fine-tune skills.
- Attend workshops and masterclasses run by professional musicians.
- Be immersed in Maori culture by learning about their customs, protocols and stories, and participating in the haka.
- Make new friends, try new things and have fun!
What students have to say about their Rhapsody Rotorua experience…
“It was amazing to see how much we could achieve in one or two hours during the workshops – it came with a real sense of achievement and satisfaction!”
“Playing at local schools in front of young students was really rewarding because we were able to inspire them to think about playing music and performing like us one day.”\
BONUS! Check out this video to see for yourself what students get up to at the festival.