2016 Cambridge Session Dates:
- Session 1 Cambridge: July 3-16, 2016
- Session 2 Cambridge: July 17-30, 2016
- Session 3 Cambridge: July 31-August 13, 2016
- Session 4 Cambridge: August 14-27, 2016
2016 Oxford Session Dates:
- Session 1 Oxford: July 3-16, 2016
- Session 2 Oxford: July 17-30, 2016
- Session 3 Oxford: July 31-August 13, 2016
- Session 4 Oxford: August 14-27, 2016
For more information, please scroll down to read more on the Oxford and Cambridge Summer Academy and visit oxfordcambridgesummeracademy.com.
Oxford & Cambridge Summer Academy Course Listings
This program will give participants the opportunity to familiarize themselves with the traditional British university environment. More than 30 hours of classroom and workshop time will be included in each session.
In Oxford, as well as Cambridge, students will participate in lectures and seminars to learn more about various subjects that are offered at universities.
The following elective courses are available at Oxford: Economics, Law, PPE (Philosophy, Politics and Economics), and Natural Science.
In Cambridge, students can choose from the following courses: Business & Management, International Politics, International Organizations, and History.
High school students will also gain a better understanding of the variety of subjects offered when applying for university admission, as well as learn about the university application process. In addition, students work on personal statements and admission interviews.
Oxford & Cambridge Summer Academy Faculty
CBL International, Oriel College, and all involved colleges are composing a strong team of faculty members including professors, university lecturers, university researchers, college tutors, and DPhil candidates from the University of Oxford (UK) and the University of Cambridge (UK) to teach your courses. In the meantime, some teachers and lecturers will also be invited from other prestigious universities such as the London School of Economics and University of California, Berkeley, and other selected institutions.
The following faculties (selection) worked with Oxford Summer Law School in previous years:
- Professor Keith Hawkins, Emeritus of Law and Society at University of Oxford (UK), Fellow Emeritus of Oriel College, University of Oxford (UK)
- Professor Dan Prentice, Emeritus Professor of Corporate Law, University of Oxford (UK), Fellow of Pembroke College, University of Oxford (UK)
- Professor Andrea Ferrero, Associate Professor, Department of Economics, Tutorial Fellow, Trinity College, University of Oxford (UK)
- Dr. Christopher Malone, Lecturer in International Relations at Queen’s College, University of Oxford (UK), DPhil in Philosophy, University of Oxford (UK)
- Dr. Anzhela Yevgenyeva, Research Fellow at SAID Business School, University of Oxford (UK)
- Dr. Colin B. Macdonald, University Lecturer in Numerical Methodologies, Tutorial Fellow in Applied Maths, Oriel College, University of Oxford (UK)
- Dr. Robert Pitkethly, Official Fellow and Tutor in Management, St. Peter’s College, University of Oxford (UK)
- Dr. Catherine MacKenzie, University Lecturer in International Environmental Law, Selwyn College, University of Cambridge (UK)
- Dr. James Methven, former Dean and Tutor of English, Oriel College, University of Oxford (UK)
Oxford & Cambridge Summer Academy offered coordinated excursions and cultural activities, which are all included in the program. These educational and fun outings increase students’ appreciation and understanding of local culture and engage them in the British way of life.
Sample excursions and activities include:
- Ely & Clacton-on-Sea
- Harry Potter Tour
- Walking & College Tours in Oxford and Cambridge
- Museum visits
- Shakespeare Play nights